At imagine we recognise the importance of your privacy and are committed to protecting it and minimising the information we collect about you, limiting what we use it for and keeping it for no longer than required.
With this in mind, we’ve developed this policy so you can clearly understand what information we collect about you and how we use it, share it and your rights to that data.
We take the protection of your data seriously and apply appropriate security measures to keep your data safe and secure and that we handle and process it in accordance with the current Data Protection Legislation and European General Data Protection Regulations.
Ways we collect your data:
We collect information in a few different ways
When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
When you enquire about our service through our website, call-centre or speaking to us directly you give us certain information voluntarily. This includes your name, email address, phone number, Eircode and any other information you give us. When you sign up for our service we collect customer information such as name, address, Eircode, email address, phone number(s), usernames and passwords, birthdates, payment information, details of the product and service you bought, your contract type and your marketing contact preferences.
We also get technical information when you use our service
When we provide you with your service and connect you to our network we associate technical information to your account such as the IP address, Mac address and IMEI/SIM Number and location data of the equipment we provided you which uniquely identifies you.
Whenever you use our service, certain information gets created and logged automatically such as location data, traffic data, call traffic data and other diagnostic and usage data. We use this data to let you access our network and use the service, calculate billing, traffic management, performance management, fraud investigation, network troubleshooting and to meet legal or regulatory obligations.
Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Location data which records your IP address, Mac address and IMEI/SIM number and unique identifiers to establish a connection between our network and your device to enable you to make or receive calls and access the internet.
- Call traffic data which records the calls you make including the date, time, duration of your phone calls and the number to or from which the calls were made.
- Diagnostic & Usage Data which records technical statistics about your connection, signal strength, coverage, upload and download speed and the amount of data you use.
- IP Traffic data which is limited to your IP address, the date and time of your internet access and the duration of your session. We don’t have a history of your web-browsing or emails you send as this is limited for a short real-time period to enable the connection to be made. We don’t keep records of the websites you visit, what content you look at online or the content of emails you send.
- Device data is limited to the type of device you’re using and its IP address.
Devices, applications and websites you use have their own privacy policies and settings for you to manage how information is collected. Due to the nature of the internet, any communications over it can pose a security risk. You should take appropriate measures to ensure the devices you use and any communications you send, have the proper level of security and encryption. Your device and communication security and encryption are your responsibility.
Information we collect on our websites
When using our websites or applications, we may collect certain information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, to gather statistical information on how you browse our websites, analyse trends, administer the site, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Cookies are small text files, containing a unique identification number, that are stored on your devices when you visit a website. They allow us and Google Analytics to remember you and how you’ve used the site. Our cookies do not hold or track your personal information or provide us with any way to contact you, and do not extract any information off your computer.
Web beacons are small image files that may be placed on web pages and within web-based emails that we send. They accurately count the number of unique users who have visited a specific page on the site and the number of times those pages are displayed. We may also use web beacons to let us know how many people opened a web-based email. They are also used to facilitate the transfer of data from our website to the Google Analytics website.
Any information is only collected in aggregate form and will not be linked to your personally identifiable information. We use the information to gather trends and analysis to develop, improve and personalise our website.
Can I enable or disable cookies?
We also record information when you interact with us about your service such as
- when you communicate with us through letters, emails, chat services, calls, and social media.
- when you set-up your My Imagine account with your contact and email information and create your unique password.
- when you provide information to us through competitions or market research.
- when we receive information from third parties such as address verification services or publicly available sources where you have given them permission to share it with us.