As a member of Imagine’s Network Operations Center team, successful candidates will have a key role to play in the ongoing development of Ireland’s fastest growing broadband network.
The Network Operations Center works closely with other members of Imagine’s engineering and technical teams to maintain and monitor and our existing network, whilst also overseeing the introduction of new elements.
Imagine’s Network Operations Center works on a shift basis, with out-of-hours cover provided on a rota basis.
Prospective candidates should be certified to CCNA or equivalent level. The candidate should have at least 3 years experience in a production environment with a solid, demonstrable grounding in the following:
- Ethernet and TCP/IP network stacks.
- Ethernet VLAN technologies including 802.1q, 802.1ad and 802.1X
- OSPF, BGP and ISIS routing protocols
- MPLS, RSVP and LDP
- PPP, PPPoE and L2TP
- Juniper, Cisco and/or Huawei routers and switches
- Experience with Linux/Unix advantageous but not required
Candidates who have experience on networks that carry traffic for mobile and other types of wireless internet traffic will have a strong advantage. An ability to work both independently and collaboratively will be viewed favorably.