Network Operations Engineer
The Network Operations Centre is responsible for monitoring, managing and maintaining Imagine’s entire network.
The successful candidate will, as part of the team, be responsible for the ongoing maintenance and monitoring of the network, dealing with escalations from the technical support teams and pro-actively identifying potential issues before they lead to faults.
The NOC will work directly with the site commissioning team to deliver new hardware into the core network and to improve the configuration and reliability of existing network hardware, both in the core and at our various PoPs and highsites.
The successful candidate will have competency in the following key areas:
– A good understanding of Ethernet and the TCP/IP stack, as well as the OSI model.
– An understanding of protocols such as
- LDP and RSVP
– Cisco Certified Network Professional or equivalent would be a distinct advantage, though not a necessity
– Some knowledge of Linux and/or Unix
– An understanding of the technologies that Imagine uses to deliver connectivity to our customers would be considered an advantage:
- Fixed Wireless Access